You may have read this article in the LATimes a few months ago: NFL in Los Angeles: 5 Reasons Why the St. Lous Rams Are Coming To Tinseltown
If you haven't read it, read it again. Then allow me, here, to present you with another 5 reasons why I think the speculated-upon Rams move by owner, Stan Kroeke, is "legit" this time:
1) Kroenke and his wife, Anne Walton Kroenke -- right, "Walton" as in "Walmart" -- have a net worth of more than 12 billion dollars. In Kroenke's case, we're not talking an NFL owner with 1-2 billion dollars that includes the value of his team -- i.e. one who might be threatening a move to LA just to get the people/government in his team's current location to pick up the tab on a new stadium.
Kroenke's family has money enough to build half-dozen new NFL stadiums and still be crazy-rich. Kroenke is not bluffing.
2) Kroenke has a daughter -- one of his two children -- who lives and works in LA. She is the philanthropist and producer, Whitney Kroenke Burditt.
Three things, in particular, are said to "move" or "cause-emotion" in people (and that would include Kroenke): 1) Their finances, 2) Their health, 3) Their children. Kroenke's daughter is probably not averse to seeing "dad" move the Rams to LA; in fact, I speculate that she is probably "moving" him to do just that.
Also keep in mind that Stan Kroenke's son, Josh Kroenke -- his second child -- is the president of Kroenke Sport Enterprises and President of the Kroenke-owned Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalance and Colorado Rapids Soccer Team. Stanley Kroenke keeps it in the family and one of his key family members lives in LA.
3) Kroenke was one of the 3 bidders for the LA Dodgers. He had to pull-out, allegedly due to NFL cross-ownership rules. Kroenke: "Hey, I couldn't get the Dodgers but I wanted to own a team in LA. Why don't I just bring the Rams back to LA... Me: What else is there to say?
4) LA Kiss. Yes, it's an arena football team owned by the rock band KISS. They play down in Anaheim. But the fact remains that, in their first season in LA, last year, they had the second highest attendance in the Arena League -- 10,000 plus per game.
Now of course, they also had a terrible season in 2014, going 3-15-0. Doesn't matter though -- They sold tickets. Maybe it was just dudes wanting to see the girls dance in the cages behind the goal-posts or KISS fans looking to enjoy the whole KISS rock-band theme, but people paid money to see "pro-football" (though not "NFL" Football) in LA.
Kroenke may look at the LA KISS attendance and see it as yet another indicator that the LA-area could support an NFL team again.
5) Stan Kroneke is 68 years old. If you were aged 68, owned the Rams, and had the means, would you rather your team's home games be in the sun and year-around 60-80F daytime temperatures of Los Angeles or would you rather continue to "enjoy" the football-season conditions in St. Louis? Right, same here: I'd move the team to Los Angeles.
So I conclude: Stan Kroenke is moving the Rams to Los Angeles.
P.S. If you haven't done so already, it's time to buy real estate in Inglewood.